Stray Animals (Lost/Found)
1. Start by calling all surrounding Animal Shelters and file a lost pet report.
Idaho Falls Animal Shelter *208-612-8670
Bonneville Humane Society *208-529-9725
Humane Society of Upper Valley *208-682-4788
Helping Animals Rescue Team (HART) *208-317-6102
Pocatello Animal Shelter *208-234-6156
Bannock Humane Society *208-232-0371
Blackfoot Animal Shelter *208-785-6897
2. Post online in local groups with a picture, description, date/ time, and location of where last seen. (Make sure to follow up on those posts and check for any found reports)
3. Put up posters in area of last seen and reach out to your local newspaper about running a lost animal report.
1. Call local animal shelters and see if the animal has been reported lost and give a found pet report.
2. Take animal to local veterinarian or animal shelter to scan for microchip.
3. Post online in local groups with a picture, description, date/time, and location of where pet was found. (Remember to leave out some key details to make sure the person can identify animal completely before turning animal over).
- Idaho Falls Animal Shelter *208-612- 8670 (regular hours)
- Idaho Falls Police Dispatch *208-529-1200 (after hours)
- City of Ammon *208-612-4000
- Bonneville County Animal Control *208-529-1350 ext. 1310
- City of Ucon Police Department *208-523-3971
- Ririe City Hall *208-538-5548
- Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office *208-745-9210
- City of Rexburg (Animal Shelter) *208-359-3005
- Madison County Sheriff’s Office *208-372-5000
- Shelley Animal Control *208-357-3446
- Blackfoot Animal Shelter *208-785-6897
- Pocatello Animal Services *208-234-6156
- City of Chubbuck Animal Services *208-239-3249
- Driggs Animal Shelter *208-354-3499
To help prevent your animal(s) from getting lost, remember to ALWAYS have a collar with some kind of identification tag securely attached to it. A microchip (small rice-sized chip inserted underneath the skin, in-between the shoulder blades), is also another great way to identify your animal. It’s an invisible identification tag that cannot be lost like collars and tags, and is NOT a tracking device.
WE DO MICROCHIPPING!